Upon arrival, the Brass Lantern will welcome your pet with:
- A yummy treat
- A cozy ‘right-sized’ dog bed, with or without crate
- Food and water bowls
- And a beach towel.
We will also provide you with a list of dog friendly restaurants, places to go with your dog and names and numbers for pet supply stores and services.
Nantucket Pet-Centered Activities
Walking your dog in Town or on the many dog walks will lead to friendly greetings and dog-centered conversations. There are many locations for both on- and off-leash walking with your dog on Nantucket, in Town and on conservation land and beaches (see map). Dogs are allowed on beaches that are not life-guarded. View the top Nantucket dog walking trails.
Policies for Our Nantucket Pet-Friendly Lodging
We welcome well-behaved dogs with the following expectations:
- No more than two dogs per room
- Dogs should not be left alone in your guest room
- Any damages caused by your pet will be added to your bill
- Not all rooms are pet friendly. Pet Friendly rooms include; Mary Mitchell, Barclay, Campanula, Primrose, Forsythia and Hydrangea.
The pet fee is $25 per day per dog, and pet walking and pet sitting services are available at the Brass Lantern with prior arrangement.
In case of emergencies, the Nantucket Animal Hospital, as well as a mobile vet, are available.