The directions to the Brass Lantern Inn in downtown Nantucket are easy – whether you are traveling by boat or flying. Lodging at our bed and breakfast is just a short walk from the Nantucket ferry service or a short ride from the airport.
Map & Directions
Take a Plane or Ferry to the Island
Nantucket, MA 02554
Getting to Nantucket
Fly to Nantucket
Fly to the Nantucket Memorial Airport (ACK)
- American Airlines – 800-433-7300 American provides seasonal service from ACK to Washington – Reagan National (DCA), New York City (LGA), Charlotte, NC (CLT), Chicago (ORD) and Philadelphia (PHL).
- Cape Air – 800-352-0714 Cape Air provides year-roundservice from ACK to Boston, MA (BOS), Hyannis MA (HYA), New Bedford, MA (EWB) and Martha’s Vineyard (MVY).
- Delta Airlines – 800-221-1212 Delta Airlines provides seasonal service from ACK to New York City (LGA and JFK)
- Elite Airways – 877-393-2510 Elite provides seasonal daily regional jet service from White Plains, NY (HPN).
- jetBlue – 800-538-2583 jetBlue provides seasonal service from ACK to Boston, MA (BOS), Washington-National (DCA), Newark, NJ (EWR) New York City’s JFK and LGA airports as well as White Plains (HPN)
- Southern Airway Express – 800-329-0485 Southern provides seasonal service to Bedford/ Hanscom field, MA (BED) New Bedford, MA (EWB), Norwood, MA (OWD) and Providence, RI (PVD)
- Tradewind Aviation – 800-376-7922 Tradewind Aviation provides seasonal service from ACK to White Plains, NY (HPN) and Teterboro, NJ (TEB).
- United Airlines – 800-UNITED-1 United Airlines provides seasonal service from ACK to Chicago (ORD), Newark, NJ (EWR) and Washington Dulles (IAD)
Travel from the Airport: You can easily travel to the Brass Lantern Inn by taxi or NRTA, the Wave, from the Nantucket Memorial Airport. The Wave shuttle departs from the Airport regularly in the summer and will drop you at the Washington Street stop, about a ten-minute walk from the inn.
Ferry from Hyannis
- The Steamship Authority
A traditional ferry service year round (passengers and cars) which takes about 2 ¼ hours; and the Iyannough, a ‘fast boat’ for passengers only in season. For reservations and information, call 508-477-8600.
- Travel from Steamboat Wharf (Steamship Authority): Steamboat Wharf is just a five-minute walk to the Brass Lantern Inn. If you brought your car on the ferry, just go straight when getting off the boat and take your second right on North Water Street; the Brass Lantern Inn is on the second block. Taxis are also available.
- Hy-Line Cruises
Offers the Grey Lady, their traditional ferry for passengers only, which operates seasonally, and year-round fast boats. Call 800-492-8082. The ‘fast boats’ will take you from Hyannis to Nantucket in just one hour.
- Freedom Cruises
Offers a (seasonal) passenger only ferry from Harwich.
High-Speed Ferry from New York City, NY and New Bedford, MA.
- Travel from Straight Wharf (Hy-Line and Freedom Cruises dock): The Brass Lantern Inn is just a ten-minute walk from Straight Wharf and taxi service is also available. Click for the Nantucket Ferry Schedules.
Getting Around on Nantucket
Nantucket is just over 14 miles from east to west and 3 1/2 miles north to south at the widest point. There are a myriad of ways to explore the Island in its entirety and without a car.
- The Wave Shuttle – From June – September, the Wave, Nantucket Island’s shuttle bus provides public transportation around the Island, including beach shuttles from Town. The shuttle to Jetties Beach and Madaket leaves every half hour from the stop just down the street from the Brass Lantern Inn.
- Taxis – For trips to or from the Airport, if you have more luggage than you want to pull along the cobbled streets or for point-to-point transportation, Nantucket has comprehensive taxi services.
- Bikes – There are over 65 miles of bike paths all over Nantucket; bikes may be rented for an hour or a week – or bring your own.
- Walk – From our ‘perfect’ location in the Old Historic District, you can walk to both ferry terminals, all of the shops and galleries of Town, over 50 restaurants from fine dining to casual to take-out, two beaches, two parks.