Nantucket is a very pet-friendly Island, and the Brass Lantern Inn is happy to provide dog-friendly lodging accommodations, one of the few inns that welcomes your four-legged friend. Over the years, we have had countless well-behaved pet guests from mini Chihuahuas to Springer Spaniels– and most sizes in between.
Nantucket Pet Friendly Boutique Hotel
Brass Lantern Inn Welcomes You and Your Pets
Upon arrival, the Brass Lantern Inn will welcome your pet with:
- A yummy treat
- A cozy ‘right-sized’ dog bed, with or without crate
- Food and water bowls
- And a beach towel.
In addition to the wonderful pet care package we provide, Brass Lantern Inn just recently added a gated dog-run with a fire hydrant and all! A great place for your dogs to socialize and be kept safe. We will also provide you with a list of dog-friendly restaurants, places to go with your dog and names and numbers for pet supply stores and services.
Policies for Our Nantucket Pet-Friendly Lodging
We welcome well-behaved dogs up to 65 lbs. with the following expectations:
- No more than two dogs per room
- Dogs should not be left alone in your guest room
- Dogs must be leashed everywhere (except in your room) in the Brass Lantern Inn, the Inn, garden and patio and in Town
- Dogs are not allowed in the Dining Room during breakfast. You may take your breakfast out to the Patio and Garden to enjoy with your pet!
- Any damages caused by your pet will be added to your bill
- Not all rooms are pet friendly. Pet Friendly rooms include; Mary Mitchell, Barclay, Campanula, Primrose, Forsythia and Hydrangea.
- Certain dog breeds (or mixes) are regarded as potentially dangerous and may not come to the Brass Lantern Inn; these include Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Great Danes, Wolf Hybrids, Dobermans, Bull Mastiff, Siberian Husky and Alaskan Malamute.
- We have several dog crates available; if your pet is crate trained, and you are not bringing your own crate, please let us know so we can reserve a Brass Lantern crate for you.
The pet fee is $25 per day per dog. If you have additional questions, please call the Brass Lantern Inn – 508-228-4064.
In case of emergencies, the Nantucket Animal Hospital, as well as a mobile vet, are available.
We are a pet friendly bed and breakfast because we know that pets are family. View the top Nantucket dog walking trails below and join us for a memorable vacation with your four-legged friends.
Dog Walks Around Nantucket
Walking your dog in town or on the many dog walks will lead to friendly greetings and dog-centered conversations. There are many locations for both on and off-leash walking with your dog on Nantucket, in town and on conservation land and beaches. Dogs are allowed on beaches that are not life-guarded, or when the lifeguards are off duty. Ticks are a problem on Nantucket, so please be sure that your dog is current with Frontline or Advantix, and it is best to keep them out of tall grassy areas and underbrush.
In Town Dog Walks
Nantucket Island is a wonderland for dogs and their people. Whether you walk your dog on leash to Main Street or on all the great dog walks available, or head out to the hundreds of acres of conservation land for an off-leash ramble – you and your dog will love Nantucket!
Out of Town Dog Walks
Favorite off-leash walks include Sanford Farms, Sanford Farms West and Tupancy Links – all of these locations are on the shuttle bus route to Madaket. The shuttle to Madaket picks up in front of the Nantucket Whaling Museum, just down the street from the Brass Lantern Inn.