Upon arrival, the Brass Lantern will welcome your pet with:
- A yummy treat
- A cozy ‘right-sized’ dog bed, with or without crate
- Food and water bowls
- And a beach towel.
We will also provide you with a list of dog friendly restaurants, places to go with your dog and names and numbers for pet supply stores and services.
Nantucket Pet-Centered Activities
Walking your dog in Town or on the many dog walks will lead to friendly greetings and dog-centered conversations. There are many locations for both on- and off-leash walking with your dog on Nantucket, in Town and on conservation land and beaches (see map). Dogs are allowed on beaches that are not life-guarded. View the top Nantucket dog walking trails.
Policies for Our Nantucket Pet-Friendly Lodging
We welcome well-behaved dogs up to 65 lbs. with the following expectations:
- No more than two dogs per room
- Dogs should not be left alone in your guest room
- Dogs must be leashed everywhere (except in your room) in the Brass Lantern, the Inn garden and patio and in Town
- Dogs are not allowed in the Dining Room during breakfast. You may take your breakfast out to the Patio and Garden to enjoy with your pet!
- Any damages caused by your pet will be added to your bill
- Not all rooms are pet friendly. Pet Friendly rooms include; Mary Mitchell, Barclay, Campanula, Primrose, Forsythia and Hydrangea.
- Certain dog breeds (or mixes) are regarded as potentially dangerous and may not come to the Brass Lantern; these include Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Great Danes, Wolf Hybrids, Dobermans, Bull Mastiff, Siberian Husky and Alaskan Malamute.
- We have several dog crates available; if your pet is crate trained, and you are not bringing your own crate, please let us know so we can reserve a Brass Lantern crate for you.
The pet fee is $25 per day per dog, and pet walking and pet sitting services are available at the Brass Lantern with prior arrangement. If you have additional questions, please call the Brass Lantern – 508-228-4064.
In case of emergencies, the Nantucket Animal Hospital, as well as a mobile vet, are available.