Upon arrival, the Brass Lantern Inn will welcome your pet with:
- A yummy treat
- A cozy ‘right-sized’ dog bed, with or without crate
- Food and water bowls
- And a beach towel.
We will also provide you with a list of dog-friendly restaurants, places to go with your dog and names and numbers for pet supply stores and services.
Nantucket Pet-Centered Activities
Walking your dog in town or on the many dog walks will lead to friendly greetings and dog-centered conversations. There are many locations for both on- and off-leash walking with your dog on Nantucket, in town and on conservation land and beaches (see map). Dogs are allowed on beaches that are not life-guarded. View the top Nantucket dog walking trails.
Policies for Our Nantucket Pet-Friendly Lodging
We welcome well-behaved dogs up to 65 lbs. with the following expectations:
- No more than two dogs per room
- Dogs should not be left alone in your guest room
- Dogs must be leashed everywhere (except in your room) in the Brass Lantern Inn, the Inn garden and patio and in Town
- Dogs are not allowed in the Dining Room during breakfast. You may take your breakfast out to the Patio and Garden to enjoy with your pet!
- Any damages caused by your pet will be added to your bill
- Not all rooms are pet friendly. Pet Friendly rooms include; Mary Mitchell, Barclay, Campanula, Primrose, Forsythia and Hydrangea.
- Certain dog breeds (or mixes) are regarded as potentially dangerous and may not come to the Brass Lantern; these include Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Great Danes, Wolf Hybrids, Dobermans, Bull Mastiff, Siberian Husky and Alaskan Malamute.
- We have several dog crates available; if your pet is crate trained, and you are not bringing your own crate, please let us know so we can reserve a Brass Lantern crate for you.
The pet fee is $25 per day per dog, and pet walking and pet sitting services are available at the Brass Lantern Inn with prior arrangement. If you have additional questions, please call the Brass Lantern Inn – 508-228-4064.
In case of emergencies, the Nantucket Animal Hospital, as well as a mobile vet, are available.